Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pain is not Pretty

Well the inevitable has happened, I've hurt my back thighs, I guess hamstrings and am having trouble walking, bending, kneeling... I keep promising myself a hot bath in epsom salts, but it doesn't seem to happen.  I tried and failed my workouts this morning and I gave up and went for a 5 mile walk in my living room (one of my exercise dvd's) and even that was painful!

So after an expensive food shop, I set to work trying out some new recipes - I didn't take any pictures as I got so engrossed in them!

First of all I made Mushroom and Mixed Bean Pate from the Green Goddess - in fact all of these recipes I did today are hers... I think it needed more garlic or something, but it's very interesting and I like the taste a lot, plus it's easy to make and definitely one to play around with!

Then I made from her as well -  Peanut Butter Cups - they're in the freezer and will be tried for pudding - again, another simple thing to make, I hope they taste as good as they look!  I'll let you know!

Thirdly and finally I made her Peppered Kale Crisps - and the jury is still out with me with them, I just don't like the bitter aftertaste, although I made them perfectly, amazing crispness!


Oh and this will make you laugh - the flat tummy water I was drinking the last 3 days, I told me dad I was going to stop drinking it, but had one day left to finish it - he didn't hear that part and threw it all away - oops!  It didn't work by the way, these things never do!  I'm going to try some other flavoured waters soon, and I'll let you know!

Sorry I didn't get to take any photographs of the recipes I made... But I did manage some pictures earlier when the sun did shine in-between showers and strong wind!

 A flower beetle on meadow scabious

 Bumble bee on knapweed

 Bumble bee on knapweed

 Louie Robin still in his moult

And even though he's moulting, he's still posing for me! :)

So that's been my day today, finger's crossed I can wake up pain and stiff free tomorrow - wish me luck! :) xxx

3 comments:

  1. May the pain join the rain on the plains of Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it must sure do now with that line :) x

      Delete
    2. Don't overdo the exercises, the food sounds interesting and as usual, lovely images.

      Delete