Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Yummy Healthy Food

Well, as long as you don't go overboard, you can eat these...

Last night's meal - Green Goddess Mini Pizzas - apart from one small change I'd make, cook the initial pizza shaped dough a little longer then said 5 minutes to begin with (maybe 10?), it was pretty delicious and there ARE leftovers!  So that's 'nibbles' for tonight sorted!

 First up, some simple sweet potato wedges - just cut and roast in the oven on high (200 degrees C, we have a fan oven) for 35 minutes turning them over once half way - coat in fresh rosemary, drizzle olive oil and season with black pepper and salt before roasting naturally!

 2 with different cheeses - goats cheese and mozzarella with mushrooms on now and green and yellow peppers with spinach on the other - drizzled again with olive oil - major yumminess!



 Am I making you hungry yet?


Then this afternoon - as it's raining so no chance for a walk - I've made:

Clean Blueberry Muffins - they're cooling so not sure yet, but when I tasted the mixture it was nice and the smells in the house is gorgeous right now, I'm getting impatient!  I guess the only downside is the face you need coconut flour and almond flour, unless you're 'into' all this healthy cooking like me, it's not the sort of thing you're going to have in the house unless you make a special trip out to a health food store or take time to shop online as it's not something you can buy in a general supermarket!

 A muffin 'selfie' - but then it had to be done! ;-)


Two muffin trays filled - not sure what these people think when they come to write their recipes, I'm really not running a bakery you know - I'm just glad my mum decided to buy two of everything!

And finally - I have to admit, I am suffering grave disappointment with Jessica Smith right now - my workout girl on youtube - I bought her book - The Thin in 10 Weight-Loss Plan - and apart from the good exercises with a good dvd of said exercises, quite frankly the recipes are APPALLING - even advertising to look at 'weight-watchers' recipes and they're all the same - low fat this, reduced fat that, ALL THE THINGS WHICH IN MY MIND ARE TOTALLY AND UTTERLY WRONG - I mean, FFS, how can you have 1% milk???  There's no point having ANY milk if you go for that?  What have they bulking up the other 99% with?  I dread to think!  The recipe 'ideas' are good, so I shall adapt them - but I'm very, VERY disappointed!  Light butter spread?  Poison!  Microwavable brown rice?  You're off your rocker!  Panko bread crumbs?  Foul!  I realise 'The thin in 10' title is for 10 minute ONLY preparation - but why skimp when you can eat so much better then that?  It makes me mad in fact, why did I buy it?  I hate people who can only find '10 minutes' of their day to do some exercise or to eat better food... Surely if you want and need to lose weight, or just want to live healthy, you have to dedicate more time then that?  I realise people have busy lives from jobs to family, but that's just ridiculous!  Anyhow, rant over....

So saying that I STILL love her exercises, her walking dvds, her youtube channel..... :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment