Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Nutty Lark

Which I am, always, truly, utterly nutty!

Since discovering and falling in love with Deliciously Ella (she got me cooking and I didn't cook, never cooked) I found her almond butter recipes in her fabulous cookbook and since then have been making my own - plus cashew and today, my first peanut!  I buy all of my nuts at healthy supplies, I've tried quite a few websites but these people are by far my favourite, and their postage is really quick!

So basically it's roasting nuts in the over for 200 C (I have a fan oven, not sure what it is for others) for 10 minutes, let them cool and then stick them in a magimix with a little salt and within 10 minutes or less (depending on how strong your magimix is) you have fabulous homemade butter - you never have to buy shop bought ever again!  (Well, unless you have a lazy week!)

 25 years old and still going strong!

 Nuts left over to give a crunch, just pulse them in the mixture for 30 seconds

Ex-jam jar for air tight storage and rice cake smothered in peanut butter for Dad (he loved it!)

I had some too, I mixed it in with coconut yogurt as a snack, but sadly as I've overdone it somewhat with a few fast paced, arms coming out of their sockets workouts these last few mornings, the protein rich paste sent me off to sleep this afternoon, but I so needed it, believe me!

So that brings me to a challenge I'm undertaking starting this Monday (6th July) - Jessica 'Aha' Smith's 30 Day Strength Challenge - you need to sign up for it - it's all free and she sends you an email with a daily workout for a week, each week - already received it!  She says there's no cardio, but I'll be doing that too, as got to keep that up!  I might do her 15 day cardio challenge as well along side it, as well as anything else that takes my fancy!  Just wish this stiffness would reduce... I could always take a 'rest day' tomorrow, it being Sunday.... But you know I won't, right? ;) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment