Friday, July 3, 2015

Water on a Hot Day

Well on any day.  Water is so so important!  And if you think drinking half your body weight in water is too much every day, then think again!  We are made up on average 50-70% of water, so it is vital for life.

Now I know water can get extremely boring, although I utterly love a glass of cold refreshing water any time, but adding lemon or lime to it makes it utterly delectable!  Plus since my world into exercising, water is my key to successful weightloss, as I sweat so much and need it as replacement, so I end up drinking half a litre or more in the 2 hours I work out...

I am leading up to something here... Hang on!



This is my water of choice today - I didn't have a big enough jug, so used an old coffee 8 cup cafeteria - this is called flat tummy water and is utterly divine - I made it last night and am drinking it now.  It says you can drink it daily but must stop it after 4 weeks?  I find links like that totally bizarre - I'll try it for a week and see what happens.  Thing is I know it's healthy and I also know it's going to taste nice as I'm such a seasoned juicer and blender now, I love all tastes and always want to try something new!  So to tell you what it contains if you haven't pressed the link:

1 whole cucumber
1 whole lemon
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
A handful of fresh mint (I have it growing in abundance in my garden)
6 cups of filtered water (all these things are American measurements!)

Infuse overnight and hey presto, your own, refreshing, drinkable water which is in fact doing you good!  Well - I hope it is - I'll update you all in a weeks time! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment